#bringthemarbleshome is a campaign organized by the Global Hellenic Youth Forum to return the Parthenon Marbles to their homeland Greece where they culturally and historically belong. Young Greeks from all over the world united their power to bring home the Parthenon Marbles, a collection of Classical Greek marble sculptures, that were stolen by Lord Elgin in the 19th century and have been kept hostage for 200 years in the British Museum.
The purpose of the campaign is to raise public awareness regarding the issue of the return of the Parthenon Marbles via the following:
- Organizing the march of 350 young Greeks from all over the world from the Zappeion to the Pnyx, with a stop near the Acropolis Museum, and reading the Resolution to the UK Parliament and the British Museum at the Pnyx on the 1st of April 2018. JOIN US AND HELP US TO BRING THE MARBLES HOME!
- Engaging every person in the world to share the video spot of the campaign in social media with the hashtag #bringthemarbleshome. PLEASE SHARE THE VIDEO AND HELP US TO BRING THE MARBLES HOME!
- Engaging every person in the world to share their photos with the banner of the campaign in social media with the hashtag #bringthemarbleshome.PLEASE SHARE YOUR PHOTOS WITH THE BANNER AND HELP US TO BRING THE MARBLES HOME!
Organizing Committee of the #bringthemarbleshome:
- World Pontian Youth Coordinating Committee (PASEPON)
- World Federation of Young Overseas Cypriots (NEPOMAK)
- Youth Coordinating Committee of World Confederation of Thessalian
- Youth of World Council of Epirotes Abroad
- Youth of World Council of Cretans
- Youth of Pan Macedonian Association USA
- Youth of Thracian Association of Europe
- Youth of World Vlach Amphictyony
- Youth of World Panarkadian Council
JOIN US AND HELP US TO BRING THE MARBLES HOME!